Friday, November 27, 2009

Annette Oakley



When I got home from work Tuesday, I immediately jumped into my PJ's for the night and came into the family room to get comfy in my chair. Flood looked at me and asked, "Aren't we going to the ward Turkey Shoot tonight?" To which I replied that I had forgotten all about it, but if Flood and the boys were going to go I would go also, but I wasn't going to shoot.

It was a chilly night, but we were all bundled up nicely, and they had a great fire burning in a fire pit. It was a really nice evening, for the Annual Turkey Shoot with friends from the ward. They had a string of flood lights on a forklift illuminating the fields. The bright orange skeet reflected really nicely in the lights.

They started the competition with the youth of the ward - everyone under 18 that wanted to shoot. There was one practice shot, and then the next 5 shots counted. David won in his age class. Then the Elders of the ward had their chance, with Owen, Jeb, and Flood all taking their turns, unfortunately they did not win. Next was the Relief Society's turn. Flood and the boys all said that I should keep up the family tradition and take my turn. I haven't shot in ages, and I wasn't going to, but they talked me into it. Flood was great getting me used to the 20-gauge shot gun, and to my amazement I shot 4 of the 5 skeet! Between David and I we brought home two turkeys for Thanksgiving! We all had a wonderful evening.


No comments: